Communications and Events Coordinator
Ohio Hotel & Lodging Association
The Ohio Hotel & Lodging Association (OHLA), celebrating their 125th Anniversary this year, has a unique opportunity to join their team. You will contribute to their mission of providing information and resources to Ohio’s hotel and lodging industry, while promoting and assisting the continued growth of their association through member outreach.
Responsibilities for this key position includes assisting in the conceptualization, creation and execution of communications; management of events programming including Annual Conference, awards dinner and local councils; collaboration on membership sales and retention; and general office administration.
Position will report to and work with Executive Director, while collaborating with and receiving additional direction and oversight from Operations and Membership areas. This is a cross-training opportunity, with the chance to be involved in and impact virtually all aspects of a statewide business association.
Examples of duties include:
- Improving their communications strategies and tactics
- Creating and managing e-newsletter, website, social media and marketing materials
- Distribution of news releases, event invitations, promotional content, and other email blasts, mail campaigns or related communication
- Assisting the planning and execution of Annual Conference, awards events, local lodging council meetings, and advocacy days
- Production and distribution of membership-related and special group mailings and emails
- Fulfillment of new member materials and specific requests
- Member prospect identification and communications
- Management and verification of event registration and payment activities
- Basic maintenance of the association database system
- Data verification and entry and updating related to membership and volunteer activity
- Production of data reports and queries on request
- Basic office duties
Requirements for this position: Four-year degree or equivalent, with preference for focus in disciplines related to duties of this position; knowledge of basic website design and principles; familiarity with membership or customer database tools; use of social media platforms; use of design/publishing software; MS Office suite; customer service; event experience; business writing skills; follow-through and attention to detail. Association experience helpful.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our Columbus, Ohio office. OHLA offers health care benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, 401(k), professional development opportunities, and other benefits to qualified employees. Their management philosophy puts people first. EOE.
To help OHLA determine if this position might be a good fit for you, please forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and any related information to email@example.com. No calls please prior to interviews being scheduled.