The American Ceramic Society
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) is seeking a fulltime Executive Director to replace the retiring incumbent, with a starting date in the Fall of 2018.
The Society comprises three operating units: ACerS is the leading international professional membership organization for ceramic and glass scientists, engineers, manufacturers, educators, and students. ACerS publishes journals, periodicals, and books; organizes meetings and expositions; and offers technical information through web (ceramics.org) and print outlets. The Society serves over 11,000 members from more than 70 countries.
The Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF) is the fundraising arm of ACerS, and was established in 2014 to ensure that the global ceramic and glass industry is able to attract, train and support the highest quality talent available to work with this unique class of engineered materials.
A subsidiary of ACerS, the Ceramic Publications Company (CPC) serves the informational, educational, and professional needs of the ceramic arts community. CPC publishes Ceramics Monthly and Pottery Making Illustrated magazines, the Ceramic Arts Network website (ceramicartsnetwork.org), and operates the International Ceramic Artists Network membership organization.
In addition to strong business and financial management skills, key roles will include:
- expanding internet-based information products
- identifying and negotiating new business opportunities and collaborative arrangements
- advocating for the importance of ceramic materials and disciplines
- developing individual and corporate membership
- generating enthusiasm among and for the membership as well as the worldwide ceramics community
The ideal candidate will be of unquestionable integrity with a direct and open style who is a recognized leader in their current position. Demonstrated success in managing an association, or a complex, information-based, organization is required.
- Experience in technical and/or scholarly publishing is a major plus
- An understanding and appreciation of technology and its benefits are essential
- A Bachelors degree and 10 years senior leadership experience is required
- A Masters (or Ph.D.) is preferred
Apply via e-mail to ExecutiveDirectorSearch@ceramics.org
Applications will close on May 31, 2018.
All applicants will be acknowledged upon receipt. Selected applicants will be contacted by mid-June, regarding further steps in the selection process. The current executive director, officers and staff will neither accept nor respond to direct inquiries about the search.
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation within the field of ceramic science and engineering. ACerS strives to promote involvement and access to leadership opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, career path or academic level.