Assistant Director, Events
The Ohio State University
The Assistant Director, Advancement Events will act independently in owning his/her own portfolio of events with a focus on development events, ceremonies, dignitary visits, and other high-profile events and will also supervise Event Manager(s) who manage their own portfolio of similar events.
- Assists with the creation of processes and guidelines to bring consistency and standards to events with similar goals/objectives (focus on development events, ceremonies, dignitary visits, etc.)
- Demonstrates and applies a level of consistency and a standard of excellence to designing and implementing events for the purpose of expanding awareness of, advocacy for, engagement in and giving to Ohio State
- Creates partnerships with colleagues in University Development, University Marketing, The Ohio State University Alumni Association, and colleges/units
The Assistant Director is expected to exhibit the behaviors associated with the Office of Advancement's core competencies:
- Continuous Improvement
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Communication/Interpersonal Effectiveness
This position will work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of management experience
- 3 years experience planning and implementing small to large-scale events
- Experience in program planning and administration
- Ability to be stationary for hours, be mobile and lift 25-50 lbs
- 5 years management experience
- 5 years of event planning experience
- Experience in planning events on a large college campus with a focus on high-end clientele
- Experience planning events in a university setting
- Experience planning fundraising-focused events
- Knowledge of the Columbus hospitality/events landscape
- Experience in a corporate or non-profit event setting
To apply, please visit: OSU Joblinks
Application deadline is 9/16/2018.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.