Member Services Manager
College of Optometrists In Vision Development | Hybrid/Aurora, OH
The College of Optometrists In Vision Development (COVD) is seeking a member services manager. The person in this position manages and drives the membership functions and operations of the organization and is responsible for day to day and strategic membership activities.
Focus on member recruitment, on-boarding and retention efforts with overall planning, designing and executing integrated strategies to increase and enhance the membership experience.
This role has significant interaction with members, prospects, volunteer committees, contractors and staff and will work across all departments of the organization, reporting to the executive director, this role may supervise the execution of strategies. You will have direct impact on communicating the mission of COVD and encouraging the overall vision through value and increased participation.
- Member Recruitment
- Develops strategy to contact prospective new members.
- Executes data driven growth strategies.
- Identifies prospect opportunities through events and education programs sponsored by COVD and other organizations.
- Develops customized information and performs active follow up to ensure the turning of the prospect into a member.
- Up to date on industry and partner trends to connect with correct audiences.
- Monitors our online presence and website content for irrelevant and outdated information.
- Member Engagement
- Develops and manages online community through YourMembership and educates members on how to use.
- Creates strategic promotional campaigns showcasing member benefits, growth and achievement.
- Develops new ways to increase member engagement based on data and feedback.
- Works with affinity partners to promote affinity programs to members.
- Manages student and resident membership program and activities at the annual meeting for students and residents.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities including management of the volunteer hub.
- Creates, distributes and analyses surveys to membership, including annual responses on value and annual meeting and education surveys. Recommends follow up as needed.
- Develops regular membership and meeting reports to track and analyze engagement data.
- Evaluates membership tiers and needs for points of difference in each tier and the value of certification for members.
- Evaluates and analysis of current programming to determine continued value to membership.
- Manages the COVD Awards process.
- Acts as a liaison to the membership committee and more as needed.
- Member Retention
- Develops and implements campaigns directed at renewing lapsed and expired members, working with contractors and staff and committee liaisons.
- Ensures correct member information in database.
- Execute and measure the success of retention strategies and ROI.
- Works with the meeting and education director and executive director on new programming including online options.
- Works with the meeting and education director to enhance meeting experience for members through the app and CE tracking.
- Works with the meeting and education director and executive director to facilitate non dues revenue that matches our membership needs, along with sponsorship opportunities and vendor relationships.
- Builds and executes the membership registration system for new members, meetings and events.
- Attends and participates at the annual meeting and other meetings as required.
- Works collaboratively with other staff; inform staff of membership activities and creates cohesive action plan that aligns with strategic missions.
- Utilize collaborative tools including shared calendars for internal work flow, deadlines and important activities.
- Stays apprised of association activities, policies and services to respond to inquiries.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing or membership development, in a non-profit or association setting with an understanding of member experience and value through the life cycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with working with volunteers and boards.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and work efficiently under deadline.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Teams
- Knowledge of membership database programs. (YourMembership program knowledge a plus.)
- Interested in obtaining credentials and developing own professional development to enhance the role.
Email resume and or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.