Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP)
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is a statewide professional association of more than 4,900 members, including practicing family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students. Since 1948, the OAFP has represented the professional interests of Ohio family physicians, provided postgraduate medical education, and encouraged medical students to enter this field and advance the patient-physician relationship. The OAFP is one the largest, most active chapters of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The OAFP is looking for a dynamic, creative Communications Manager to create, lead, and implement communication strategies that support and promote its client member base. The manager will use his/her strong leadership and collaboration skills to deliver quality, original programs, communiques (print/verbal/electronic), and events. The manager ensures that all outcomes consistently convey OAFP’s mission, quality, and standards.
This role owns the production process of the quarterly print and digital magazine, The Ohio Family Physician, and collaborates with the physician editor and team members. This includes developing and monitoring timelines and a budget, selecting themes and photos, and editing and writing articles and features. The manager also manages distribution and vendors, as well as proofs, designs, and lays out issues with creativity and graphic design aptitude.
The manager leads OAFP award and other programs/processes to include soliciting nominations, managing the budget, purchasing awards, planning the ceremony and agenda, and collaborating to produce and promote several videos throughout the year.
Additional responsibilities include managing classified and display ad sales processes, and managing OAFP’s social media/network presence including structural, graphic design, brand, and content. This role leads the PR efforts and programs including budget management, creation of letters to the editor and Op-Ed campaigns, media interview arrangement, and press release distribution. Must be able to work weekend and evening hours on occasion.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Build brand awareness through all forms of communication; stay within budget
- Build effective relationships internally and externally
- Set and share info and communication standards via the creation and implementation of strategic plans
- Lead the timely magazine production process without errors, rework, or excessive assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in professional or mass communications, business management, or a related field; equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered
- 3 or more years of experience in project management, writing/editing, publication layout and design, PR, marketing, and/or ad sales; increasing responsibility throughout career is preferred
- Leadership, vendor management, and professional association experience are desired
- Experience using standard office equipment and a digital camera
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe PageMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Professional
- Organizational skills and written communications to get messages across that have the desired effect
- Process management, approachability, composure, and humor
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy; be cooperative and flexible
- Customer focus with solid decision quality skills; able to deal with ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Must be a self-starter with innovative ideas
- Must be a lifelong learner who participates in training/continuing education
- Exceptionally detail oriented
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HResults@wi.rr.com.