The Programs Director of Immunizations is a full-time position on the Ohio AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) team.
This position will be responsible for the operational success of all immunization programs, ensuring seamless team management and development, deliverable completion and evaluation. This position is forward-facing to funders, stakeholders and leadership. In addition to the program management role, the Director of Immunization Programs will continue to build the capacity of programs under its purview by seeking new funding streams and partnerships.
About the Ohio AAP Beyond merely a pediatrician membership organization, the Ohio AAP has been a leader in programming, advocacy, and child health for over 30 years. The Ohio AAP accomplishes their mission by addressing the needs of children, their families, and their communities, and by supporting Chapter members through advocacy, education, research, service, and improving the systems through which they deliver pediatric care.
About the Team They are a close-knit staff who are all focused on child health and supporting pediatricians who serve Ohio’s children and families. They are self-starters who are accountable for their own outcomes. They are problem solvers who keep the needs of their members and Ohio’s children on the forefront of their minds.
About the Position
- Leads the day-to-day operations of two immunization training programs (child and adolescent)
- Launch and manage new statewide program aimed at innovating HPV delivery
- Immunization program coalition and capacity
- Attend and network at partner meetings
- Effective communication, networking and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners
- Ensures effective communication, networking and working relationships are developed, maintained and increased
- Actively seek funding from state, federal, foundations, managed care companies and all other sources that prioritize childhood and adolescent immunizations
- Support CEO and Advocacy Pillar on legislative initiatives
- Oversee content and marketing strategy for spread of immunization resource website through various channels
- Maintain and build parent advocacy network through networking and fundraising
- Meaningful participation and engagement in Ohio AAP team meetings, events and conferences
Key Competencies Required
- Advanced written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work effectively and efficiently to accomplish tasks while managing multiple projects while exceeding program deliverables
- Proficient in MS Office
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years of program management experience in a public health, clinical or academic setting is desired
This is a full-time salaried position, paid time off (PTO), health, vision and dental insurance. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Send salary requirements in a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ohio AAP c/o Elizabeth Dawson 94-A Northwoods Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235.