Assurex Global is the world’s largest privately-held commercial insurance, risk management and employee benefits brokerage group. The organization operates as an exclusive Partnership, supported by more than 100 of the world’s most respected and successful insurance brokers.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for day-to-day financials and assisting with business-related analyses for Assurex Global Corporation and its subsidiary companies. The accountant also assists in preparing forecasts and trend analyses to support financial and business projects as well as special financial and business-related studies. This position will also ensure the accurate, efficient analyses of Partner data.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles, reviews, and analyzes financial information for the preparation of financial statements, reports, and related documentation
- Performs day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, posting, and recording accounts receivables and accounts payable
- Conducts month-end close process
- Reconciles investment accounts monthly
- Prepares invoices, bank deposits, and reconciling of bank statements
- Prepares detailed record of all meetings for billing
- Balances and maintains accurate ledgers
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of financial data for auditors or external regulatory agencies
- Coordinates with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts
- Collects/analyzes customer data and prepares reports of analyses for distribution
- Develops periodic reports for management
- Provides backup support to office support staff when needed
- Provides support to other departments as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task, plan, and organize projects to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, and team-oriented
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with superior knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Sage 100 (MAS90) a plus
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: College degree in finance/accounting or at least four to six years of experience working in a finance or accounting office environment. Financial services or insurance agent/broker knowledge a plus.
This is a full-time salaried position, paid time off, health, vision and dental insurance along with 401k plan. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is November 30, 2018.