Manager, Membership & Special Projects
Ohio Petroleum Marketers & Convenience Store Association
Statewide trade association working to advance the interests of small businesses in Ohio is searching for a dynamic, results-oriented Manager, Membership & Special Projects to drive the organization forward, steward current relationships and grow new ones, and work as part of a team to elevate the brand of the association among its members and prospective members. Successful candidates demonstrate the ability to foster relationships with key customers, communicate effectively, multi-task, and to recommend processes to streamline operations and ensure maximum efficiency. Initiative, drive and willingness to take ownership of projects and timelines are key elements of this position. The person selected for this role will serve as a strategic thought partner to the President & CEO and leadership team, and provides the first point of contact for members, staff and others who interact with the association’s top executive.
How will you spend your time?
Member Development: Effectively articulates our value proposition, selling the association to prospective and current members, and managing the full membership life cycle from prospecting to retention and increased engagement.
- Develops and manages processes for regularly identifying member needs, liaises with current members and proactively builds new relationships to ensure members and prospects are engaged with and invested in the work of the association
- Creates a smooth on-boarding experience for new members
- Takes ownership of the association’s ‘book of knowledge,’ manages member data and assures the accuracy and integrity of the database information
- Stays informed of business trends and issues affecting members, and proactively recommends processes and programs to deliver value and to address members’ needs
Business & Administrative Operations: Provides vital internal office support, particularly during times of increased work volume, to streamline operations and maximize productivity.
- Delivers project management support to the President & CEO, and recommends processes to streamline operations and ensure maximum efficiency
- Proactively supports the association’s Board of Directors, which includes responding to correspondence, developing agendas and meeting materials, and assisting other staff in the coordination and scheduling of member meetings and events
- Responds to internal and external inquiries and requests for information; draft letters, reports, memoranda and other confidential correspondence on behalf of the president and CEO, as needed
- Creates, organizes and maintains accurate electronic and hard-copy filing systems, manages calendars, coordinates executive travel, creates and updates reports and presentations, and liaises with outside vendors, as needed
Special Projects: Serves as a resource and point-of-contact for members and staff to monitor progress on all phases of special projects and events planning to create added exceptional value for members.
- Aids in the development and execution of special projects, activities and events, as assigned
- Assists with the planning and execution of meetings, events, webinars and online training, including event preparation (invitations, reminders, agendas, handouts, seating charts, and guest relations), onsite execution (attendee registrations, customer service and general troubleshooting) and post-event reporting (financial analyses, follow-up communications, attendee surveys, etc.)
- Attends events as necessary to support association leadership and members
This is the perfect position for you if you enjoy:
- Customer service, sales and project management
- Collaborating with co-workers to deliver exceptional member experiences
- Thinking of –and implementing–new ideas
- Leveraging technology to work smarter and more successfully
- A wide variety of duties in a job
The ideal candidate:
- Thrives in a small, collegial, fast-paced office environment in which expectations are high and all team members enthusiastically “pitch in” to ensure exceptional results
- Has superlative interpersonal skills, is customer-focused, enjoys talking to people on the phone, in person and via e-mail, is a good listener, and is adept at building relationships with members, partners, staff, sponsors and other stakeholders
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and written/verbal communications skills, attention to detail and accuracy, a proven system for keeping track of details, and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities with patience, tact and discretion
- Possesses a strong work ethic and flexible personality suitable to take on new challenges as they arise and to switch gears immediately when necessary
- Expertise in streamlining organizational priorities to maximize efficiency and delivering outstanding customer service to association partners and members
- High level of professionalism and the ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management, both inside and outside the organization
- Proven administrative and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with association management databases or similar CRM/AMS software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
This is a full-time, salaried position offering a generous benefits package, including medical/dental, PTO and subsidized parking. Their office suite is conveniently located in downtown Columbus, overlooking the Ohio Statehouse. Salary range $45,000.00 to $50,000.00, DOE.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume including salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Deadline for submissions is Dec. 14, 2018.