Chief Operations Officer/Director of Finance
Ohio Dental Association
The Ohio Dental Association and Subsidiary, a member benefits organization, is looking for an experienced COO/Director of Finance to oversee the operations of the association and its for-profit subsidiary which includes a large group insurance program, a robust endorsement program, and a product referral program. We are seeking qualified candidates who would be responsible for the day-to-day management of these programs, including relationship management, program growth, and development of the annual plan and reporting process.
As the COO/Director of Finance, this person will be responsible for the growth and profitability of both the membership organization’s profit centers and the subsidiary. This role includes oversight of expenses, analysis production and department supervision.
The areas of responsibility for this role are very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various association/company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities.
- Work collaboratively to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the ODASC insurance products to ensure smooth progress.
- Ensure that the company runs with conformity to established regulations
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Oversee member support processes and organize them to enhance member satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Develop and implement guidelines for audits and internal controls.
- Revise and/or formulate financial policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Identify and target areas in which a business can improve operation
- Monitor revenue margins
- Research and implement new directives for business growth and prosperity
- Direct the annual renewal and open enrollment process, including preparation of employee communications and updates to the benefits enrollment sites for the Life and Disability, Retirement and Section 125 plans
- Handle necessary/recurring reports for annual completion and filing of 5500 reports (benefits and 401K) and plan maintenance with benefits advisers
- Develop and manage a relationship with outside insurance consultants for the association’s overall insurance coverages
- Work directly with the ODA Finance Committee and Treasurer and ODASC Board of Directors
- Administer bi-weekly payroll responsibilities
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or its equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience as Director of Finance or Operations or equivalent position at large member association organization
- Knowledge of Association’s legal rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of health insurance programs and principles (e.g. underwriting, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
Please send cover letter and resume to attention of firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 7, 2019.