Science & Education Coordinator
ACGIH - American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
Reporting to ACGIH’s (American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists) Director of Science & Education, the Science & Education Coordinator will be responsible for executing the activities of the organization’s science committees and educational programs. Working in concert with the Administrative, Finance, Communications, and Marketing Departments, the Coordinator will take ownership over assigned project areas including meeting logistics, committee leadership support, materials and resources distribution, professional development programs, eLearning product administration, key performance indicators, and member communications.
- Plan and execute committee meeting logistics including scheduling, conference calls, meeting minutes, and onsite support.
- Collect, prepare and distribute committee meeting and educational programming materials/resources including agendas, handouts, presentations, evaluations, and certificates of completion in advance of deadlines.
- Proactively coordinate professional development webinars and in-person courses.
- Assist with eLearning product administration in WebEx® including presenter troubleshooting needs.
- Maintain key performance indicators including attendee data and course/session evaluations.
- Respond to member/nonmember inquiries professionally, courteously and knowledgably.
- Read, understand and abstract scientific correspondence for assigned committees.
- Track closure of summarized scientific correspondence.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field and three (3) to five (5) years of experience in professional coordination, training programs, or nonprofit management preferred.
- Demonstrated skill to plan and coordinate meetings, educational courses and/or projects.
- Capacity to learn quickly, prioritize and manage multiple ongoing assignments.
- Highly organized with a high attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to determine priorities and produce tangible results.
- Aptitude to work as part of a team as well as independently – takes initiative, versatile and a self-starter.
- Strong analytical skills, as evidenced by knowledge of drawing insights from data and making decisions accordingly.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization or voluntary participation structure strongly preferred.
- Familiarity working within scientific fields is not required, but is helpful.
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
Position Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
ACGIH also offers health benefits, retirement benefits, earned vacation and sick leave as well as continuous professional development and membership participation with outside agencies.
ACGIH is a 501(c)(3) charitable scientific organization whose members are industrial hygienists or other occupational health and safety professionals dedicated to promoting health and safety within the workplace.
ACGIH was organized in 1938 as a member-based organization with the core purpose of advancing occupational and environmental health. As a scientific organization, it has established committees that review existing published, peer-reviewed scientific literature.
ACGIH publishes guidelines known as Threshold Limit Values (TLVs®) and Biological Exposure Indices (BEIs®) for use by industrial hygienists in making decisions regarding safe levels of exposures to various chemicals and physical agents found in the workplace.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to – Ryan Peltier; Director of Science & Education; via email: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is 5/17/2019.