Public Relations Manager
National Ground Water Association
POSITION DESCRIPTION: National Ground Water Association (NGWA) Public Relations Manager
Who We Are and What We Do
NGWA is a community of groundwater professionals working together to advance groundwater knowledge and the success of our members through education and outreach; advocacy; cooperation and information exchange; and enhancement of professional practices.
NGWA's vision is to be the leading groundwater association advocating the responsible development, management, and use of water.
- NGWA and its members will use its outstanding scientific and technical leadership, knowledge, and resources to pursue innovation, model best practices, and improve the business climate for the groundwater industry.
- NGWA will be a credible, valued resource on significant and timely issues that impact the groundwater industry and public access to safe, sustainable groundwater.
- Our community will grow and benefit from the participation of all groundwater professionals.
- Through NGWA’s efforts, the public will be confident there is a sustainable groundwater resource for domestic, municipal, industrial, ecological, and agricultural uses.
- We believe the whole of NGWA is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We share a commitment to the informed, responsible, and sustainable use of groundwater.
- We are a community of professionals who value diverse perspectives, and sharing and learning from experience and research.
- We are responsive to our members’ needs and interests.
NGWA’s Public Relations (PR) Manager leads NGWA’s efforts to track down and effectively communicate news, public awareness, print and social media, pertaining to information about how NGWA and it’s components (Groundwater Foundation and WellOwner.org) is carrying out its mission, vision, and goals.
The PR Manager is an integral part of the NGWA’s Marketing & Communication team, The PR Manager will lead NGWA’s public relations initiatives to increase the visibility of NGWA locally, nationally, and internationally as the authoritative leader and source on groundwater related topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development and execution of public relations communications strategies that increase the visibility and awareness how NGWA is carrying out its mission, vision, and goals.
- Creates initiatives that position NGWA as the groundwater leader in the media, among partner organizations, funders and the public-at-large.
- Uses a variety of distribution strategies and vehicles to inform NGWA constituents and the public on how NGWA is carrying out its mission, vision, and goals. Vehicles may include, but are not limited to, live events, NGWA and external publications, newsletters, websites, blogs, forums, radio, TV, and social media.
- Develops communications pieces, such as press releases, articles, media advisories, and public policy statements, to disseminate news and information related to NGWA activities, such as:
- NGWA’s position on timely issues or current affairs
- Announcement of new products or services
- Development of Best Practices or Standards
- Special recognition, i.e. scholarships recipients, award winners, distinguished lecturers, board and volunteer service, etc.
- Coverage of NGWA events, i.e. Groundwater Week, NGWA Fly-in, technical conferences, etc.
- Serves as the contact person for media enquiries, while building and developing local, national, and international media contacts in order to position NGWA as the authoritative source on groundwater related topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional listener who is open minded, knowledgeable, effective, and disciplined – an excellent communicator focused on building relationships.
- Excellent analytical, writing, oral communication and listening skills.
- Experience working with print, broadcast, and online/interactive media.
- Strong interest in and/or knowledge of environmental issues.
- Strong attention to detail and project management.
- Ability to adapt to shifting and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Experience with all forms of media and public relations.
- At least five years of progressively responsible work experience.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000 (commensurate with experience)
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications.
Physical Effort and Dexterity- Not applicable.
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking.
Position requires excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
This position is classified FLSA exempt.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
This is a full-time position based out of their home office in Westerville, Ohio.
Deadline for submissions is 8/10/19.