Marketing & Communications Manager
Ohio Physical Therapy Association
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for assisting in the execution of internal and external projects related to communications/social media, consumer education, and membership services. This individual shall manage multiple projects while working with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven and customer-service oriented environment.
Marketing | Communications | Social Media
- Manage the association’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram through comprehensive editorial calendar and post messages relevant to the membership and consumers. Develop creative and timely engagement initiatives that elevate the organization and the profession.
- Evaluate social media metrics to further enhance audience engagement and brand identity.
- Oversee all content management of OPTA website, including member database.
- Compose simple to complex communication documents including letters, press releases, website information, reports and presentation materials while maintaining OPTA brand integrity.
- Work with OPTA Professional Development Manager on all direct member communications/promotions for Annual Conference, Fall OPTimize Conference, Leadership Development Conference and Advocacy Day, including calls for abstracts and calls for presentations.
- Initiative, create and develop branded marketing campaigns for OPTA programs and projects.
- ACCESS Magazine: Serve as the key contact, editor and coordinator for ACCESS magazine. Contribute articles and updates to ACCESS magazine and accurately edit copy of all promotional material.
- Manage advertising for social media platforms, newsletter and new identified channels to enhance non-dues revenue.
- Create and develop podcasts to support OPTA initiatives.
Consumer Relations + Education
- Create educational and advocacy tools to raise awareness of key issues and advance OPTA priorities.
- Identify key organizational and community contacts to develop and promote consumer relations concepts on public site MoveForwardPT.com
- Work with outside agencies to manage external projects, including branded video production and dissemination to various targets.
- Cultivate a network of potential members, academic institutions and vendors to promote organizational membership and involvement.
- Serve in an outreach capacity with potential members as needed.
- Provide project management support to various OPTA committees, including meeting/event preparation activities.
- Work with the Membership Committee in the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Prepare and coordinate monthly member mailings/outreach.
- Oversee coordination of Annual Membership Meeting script and audio/visual production.
- Manage the OPTA Membership Awards Program in conjunction with the Awards Chair.
- Staff OPTA committees as assigned by Executive Director.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Creative content development experience utilizing design and creative impression video software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with concentration in social media and public relations strategy development. Exceptional grammar skills are required.
- Website database and content management expertise, or willingness to learn and master.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in communication and membership development, preferably in a non-profit association setting.
- Ability to multitask work effectively independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Excellent, articulate, personable and diplomatic customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of membership database programs a plus.
- Proven project management skills.
- This is a multi-faceted role that requires strong project management skills with a proactive attitude, outstanding communication and management skills and the ability to juggle simultaneous work demands.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of files and/or boxes up to 30 pounds.
To apply: Highly motivated and creative individuals with exceptional writing skills and attention to detail should submit resume with salary requirements to email@example.com .
Deadline for submissions is 08/15/2019