Education and Membership Coordinator
Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
About the Ohio AAP
Beyond merely a pediatric membership organization, the Ohio AAP has been a leader in programming, advocacy, and child health for over 85 years as the strongest network of education and advocacy for pediatrics in the state. The Ohio AAP encompasses 3,000 Ohio pediatricians and residents who are enthusiastic and committed to pediatrics; last year alone they directly impacted over 875,000 children through their programs and reached over 174 million people nationwide in their awareness campaigns.
About the Team
They are a close-knit staff who are all focused on child health and supporting pediatricians who serve Ohio’s children and families. They are self-starters who are accountable for their own outcomes. They are problem solvers who keep the needs of their members and Ohio’s children on the forefront of their minds.
About the Position
This position is responsible for the effective delivery of pediatric regional education trainings in topic areas such as early literacy and obesity prevention. In addition to the trainings, this position will oversee teen suicide prevention focus groups, coordinate the annual conference and provide support to their membership initiatives.
Where to Find Ohio AAP
OhioAAP.org | Facebook: AAP Ohio | Twitter: @ohpediatricians | LinkedIn: Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates program culminating activities, events, and focus groups including day-long trainings and education sessions.
- Prepares and manages education timelines.
- Recruits attendees for regional trainings.
- Develops and prepares all on-site materials.
- Works with COO and Program Managers to organize and develop marketing and training materials.
- Assists COO with Continuing Medical Education approval process, maintains accurate files, conducts impact follow-up surveys and closes activities.
- Assists COO with Annual Meeting, Spring Education Meeting and all events.
-Conference packet and material assistance
-Communicate with exhibitors and sponsors
- Contributes to outreach activities through preparation of program content for Ohio AAP’s website, newsletter, and social media.
- Coordination of Pediatric Education Center content on OhioAAP.org.
- Work with CEO/COO and Membership Committee on sending monthly membership materials, membership recruitment, tracking efficacy of materials and recruitment efforts.
- Provide clear analysis and report of progress toward defined membership goal monthly.
- Other duties and special projects as directed.
About the Successful Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated relevant work experience.
- Passion for making a difference supporting the Ohio AAP mission of improving the health and safety of children so that they may achieve their dreams.
- Proficient Microsoft skills, MAC OS desired.
- Have strong listening and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible with the ability to rotate from task to task without sacrificing quality.
- Exercises sound judgment in position and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to track sensitive deadlines, and to professionally respond to and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Evidence of interpersonal skills and commitment to superior customer service to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (pediatricians, public health professionals, nurses, educators, business leaders, public officials, and potential donors).
This is a full-time salaried position, paid time off (PTO), SIMPLE IRA, portion of health, vision and dental insurance. Salary range $38-40K .
Send salary requirements in a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com or Ohio AAP c/o Elizabeth Dawson 94-A Northwoods Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235.
In-person inquiries, phone calls and submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.
Deadline for submissions is 08/24/2019.