Gardner Business Media/Precision Machined Parts Association
The executive director of the Precision Machined Parts Association (PMPA) will be part of a new association management division within Gardner Business Media (GBM). A 90-year-old Cincinnati-based business, GBM is a publishing, media and marketing company specializing in print, online content and events for manufacturing industries. Since 1928, GBM has expanded into conferences, trade shows, research, data and marketing. In 2005, GBM started Map Your Show (MYS). Originally offering an interactive floor plan for trade shows and conferences, MYS has grown to offer an entire suite of show management software solutions and currently serves over 300 associations and 9 of the 10 largest trade shows in the US.
GBM has partnered with the Precision Machine Products Association (PMPA) for 20 years to offer the industry's premier trade show: PMTS. PMPA is a Cleveland-based (Brecksville) international association founded in 1933 to serve the interests of the precision machined products industry. While PMPA consists mainly of North America-based manufacturers, its members also operate facilities in various industrial markets around the globe.
- Serve as chief staff officer by directing the activities of PMPA with Gardner Business Media staff to increase member engagement, grow membership and programs and the visibility of the organization.
- Direct all functions of the organization and six dedicated staff in Brecksville to meet board expectations including :
-interface with regulatory /governmental institutions
- Establish processes for member growth and involvement within the organization
- Sustain and improve annual goals
- Establish customer rapport with key contacts
- Provide leadership and vision for improvement and growth within the organization.
- Ensuring the efficient coordination of activities within PMPA
- Allocating resources among various tasks
- Organizing resources to meet strategic objectives
- Ensuring work is within budget
- Creating processes for member involvement and membership growth
- Following up with members to ensure satisfaction
- Negotiating agreements
- Planning events and meetings to enhance member experience
- B.S. or B.A. degree, MBA a plus.
- Leadership: visionary, change agent, transparent, confident, inspirational, strong financial acumen, strategic thinker who knows how to run a business.
- Communication: good listener, strong interpersonal skills and good sales acumen.
- Association experience and/or manufacturing knowledge a plus.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submissions is Aug. 31, 2019.