Ohio Funeral Directors Association
The Ohio Funeral Directors Association, seeks an outgoing Administrative Coordinator with an exceptional customer service approach. Reporting to the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator will actively contribute to the multi-faceted work and success of the association team. The position offers a flexible employment schedule of 4 or 5 days per week during normal business hours (8:30 am-5:00 pm).
To thrive in this position, a candidate must be professional, polite and attentive while also being accurate, prepared and responsive to the challenges presented. The Administrative Coordinator will perform a variety of association/office duties to enhance the member experience and overall efficiency of the organization.
- Handling office tasks such as filing, copying, generating reports, correspondence, administrative documents and presentations, setting up meetings, supply inventory and reordering and assisting with special projects as assigned
- Greet and assist visitors with a welcoming demeanor
- Screen phone calls and route callers to the appropriate party
- Create website postings and other electronic media postings as needed
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering building supplies, operation and maintenance of office equipment and assistance with overall operations of headquarter facility
- Consistently present professional and positive communication with all internal and external members and affiliates
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; additional education/training preferred
- Two plus years administrative experience in an office environment required
- Association experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook required
- Knowledge in database management systems and design software desired
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail and accuracy and maintain confidentiality on a wide range of issues
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate creative, preemptive and problem-solving demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with a desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
As one of the largest state associations for funeral directors in the nation, OFDA has become a conduit for promoting the funeral profession and is a vital resource for its members.
An Association rich in tradition and staff tenure, the Ohio Funeral Directors rarely has employment openings. Their appealing Upper Arlington building is home to a staff of six and membership of nearly 900 funeral homes (representing 85% of funeral professionals in Ohio). Their location provides ample space, modern resources, a convenient location and a welcoming environment.
They are seeking resumes from qualified, enthusiastic team players with over the top customer service personalities! Along with a culture that encourages and supports a work/personal balance, you will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits.
This position will be filled on an equal opportunity and nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, or military or veteran status.
The position is available immediately. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirement to Colin Evans, Assistant Executive Director at Colin@OFDAonline.org . No phone calls please.
Deadline for submissions is 10/9/2019.