Communications and Foundation Coordinator
Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
About the Ohio AAP
Beyond merely a pediatric membership organization, the Ohio AAP has been a leader in programming, advocacy, and child health for over 85 years as the strongest network of education and advocacy for pediatrics in the state. The Ohio AAP encompasses 3,000 Ohio pediatricians and residents who are enthusiastic and committed to pediatrics, last year alone they directly impacted over 875,000 children through our programs and reached over 174 million people nationwide in their awareness campaigns.
About the Team
They are a close-knit staff who are all focused on child health and supporting pediatricians who serve Ohio’s children and families. They are self-starters who are accountable for their own outcomes. They are problem solvers who keep the needs of their members and Ohio’s children on the forefront of their minds.
About the Position
This position plays a critical role in organizing and executing communications, membership, education and Foundation initiatives and materials to both internal and external partners to advance the mission of the Ohio AAP.
Where to Find Ohio AAP
OhioAAP.org | Facebook: AAP Ohio | Twitter:@ohpediatricians | LinkedIn: Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CEO and COO in advancing the mission of the Foundation through implementation of various programs and events
- Serve as staff liaison to the Foundation Advisory Board, sending electronic meeting notices, taking notes, writing minutes, ensuring that minutes are distributed electronically, interacting with team chair and team members to implement their directives, advance the completion of action items from meetings and provide assistance as needed
- Assist with Foundation program and fundraising activities, including:
-Developing and disseminating promotion materials for print and digital distribution
-Assisting with events and fundraisers
-Outreach to corporations and community partners for support of events
-Lead Bike Helmet initiatives annually
- Review and coordinate Chapter communication timelines with consulting firm
- Coordinate Chapter and membership materials for print and digital communications with consulting firm
- Assist COO with Continuing Medical Education approval process, maintains accurate files, conducts impact follow-up surveys and closes activities
- Coordinate outreach activities through preparation of program content for Ohio AAP’s website, newsletter, and social media (daily)
- Coordination of Pediatric Education Center content on OhioAAP.org
- Maintain an updated and accurate Chapter website
- Work with CEO/COO and Membership Committee on sending monthly membership materials, membership recruitment, tracking efficacy of materials and recruitment efforts
- Provide clear analysis and report of progress toward defined membership goal monthly
- Preparing and distributing direct appeals to membership, individual donors and corporate membership
- Other duties and special projects as directed
About the Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated relevant work experience
- Passion for making a difference supporting the Ohio AAP mission of improving the health and safety of children so that they may achieve their dreams
- Proficient Microsoft skills, MAC OS desired, social media and Word Press
- Have strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable and confident in making connections and building relationships with new and existing partners
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Flexible with the ability to rotate from task to task without sacrificing quality
- Exercise sound judgment in position and tasks
- Strong attention to detail, ability to track sensitive deadlines, and to professionally respond to and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Evidence of interpersonal skills and commitment to superior customer service to engage successfully with wide range of constituencies (pediatricians, public health professionals, nurses, educators, business leaders, public officials, and potential donors)
This is a full-time salaried position, paid time off (PTO), portion of health, vision and dental insurance. Salary Range $38-44K based on experience.
How do I apply?
Send salary requirements in a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ohio AAP c/o Elizabeth Dawson 94-A Northwoods Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235. In-person inquiries, phone calls and submissions without salary requirements will not be considered.