Exhibit & Sponsorship Manager
As the horticulture industry’s leading trade association, AmericanHort provides programs and resources to help members and the industry Perform Better, Grow Faster and Prepare for the Future.
One of their core capabilities is presenting trade shows and conferences including Cultivate, their all-industry event that attracts over 10,000 attendees including 700 exhibitors and over 130 educational sessions.
The Exhibit & Sponsorship Manager is responsible for trade show exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities associated with their events. This role requires competence in planning, event logistics, project execution and post show activities. It involves significant interaction and coordination with various partners, planning teams and customers, requiring strong attention to detail and exceptional organization.
In this role, you will draw on diverse skills and direct involvement to connect and create memorable experiences for their members. To be successful, one must build and maintain relationships key to increasing exhibit and sponsorship sales. Their culture is built on team orientation that includes individual integrity, trust, and respect; customer focus to understand and develop relationships with customers/members to anticipate and satisfy their needs; principled performance demonstrating the sense of urgency, discipline, and accountability necessary to generate the greatest contribution to the association; and potential and fulfillment driven by personal and professional growth that encourages you to produce results that allow you to realize your full potential and find fulfillment in your work.
Planning and Logistics
- Contribute to conference planning teams on all aspects including event layout, registration, onsite association representation, education, sponsorship and exhibits, and on-sight logistics.
- Create custom sponsorship opportunities for exhibitors to increase value through visibility. Build and maintain relationships to continue the growth of sponsorship and exhibit sales.
- Plan and coordinate trade shows through exhibit space layout, exhibit and sponsorship sales, show rentals and services, shipping, coordinating the set up and tear down, pre-show communications and post show follow-up and other activities as necessary.
- Think strategically and creatively to draw new prospects.
- Execute trade shows and events by overseeing all aspects of event services, displays, and exhibit setup and breakdown.
- Assist with online maintenance of all show information using our in-house or third-party data base (show details, exhibit and sponsorship representation and selling, meeting rooms, hotels, and educational sessions). This includes leading and being the expert in the program Map Your Show for all exhibit and sponsorship sales and educational sessions, both internally and outward for attendees.
- Create and maintain trade show service kit with 3rd party partners to provide all needed show information, rental and utility services in one convenient location.
- Event reporting including calendar and budget tracking, executive and attendees briefing and post-event reports with metrics/analysis.
- Organize and plan trade show related activities within budget and time.
- Process invoices for payment and track all expenses per event.
- Facilitate trade show promotions and strategy in conjunction with planning teams, participating in internal meetings.
- Assist in planning yearly trade show schedules and identifying potential events/opportunities.
- Assist with other marketing functions and projects as needed.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Passionate about working with people and be customer-centric
- Embodies flexibility, open-mindedness and receptivity
- Actively works out solutions
- Identifies the value of being part of a team and ability to effectively collaborate
- Effective communication skills are required
- Ability to develop excellent rapport with existing and prospective members/exhibitors
- Demonstrates a good “business sense"
- Exhibits the ability to multi-task, sell, and operate under time constraints and deadlines
- Superior organization, detail and follow-up skills are required with the ability to manage and reset priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to stand up to 4 hours or more on occasion, lift up to 30 lbs., and travel 2-4 times per year as required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- CEM, Certified Exhibition Manager designation preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in trade show, event planning and execution
- Has worked in a dynamic environment and is flexible to change
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in trade show events
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Sherry L. Johnson at SherryJ@AmericanHort.org
Deadline for submissions is 12/03/2019.