Member Services Coordinator
AFCPE (Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education)
Are you someone who enjoys listening to and supporting others? Are you able to communicate effectively to solve problems? Do you have a spirit of teamwork and a “can do” attitude to see projects through to high quality success? Are you a creative thinker with a strong commitment to excellence?
As the Member Services Coordinator, your role is to support the growth and value of AFCPE membership. You will bring your creative ideas to generate meaningful engagement among their professionals. You are honest and persistent, and you have excellent listening and communication skills to meet the various needs of the diverse professionals that they serve.
You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative, high performing team with a results-oriented approach. You are a self-starter with excellent follow-through to ensure goals are met or exceeded to continue growing and supporting the AFCPE Membership community.
This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and Member Services.
- Increase the number of professionals joining and renewing membership
- Expand and manage mentorship program
- Manage annual awards and grants process
- Provide ongoing support and consistent communication to members
- Monitor and foster engagement through membership forum
- Provide technical support for professional development webinars
- Secure virtual member meet up topics/speakers
- Engage and support new and current members
- Explore new member benefits
- Maintain database records
- Provide administrative support for annual Symposium planning
- Assist AFCPE Team as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Integrity and commitment to AFCPE’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree (in consumer science, personal finance, financial planning, or related field preferred)
- Association/Nonprofit Experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Self-starter and driven
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
- Strong business writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work collaboratively within the staff to support strategic direction
- Travel less than 10%
- 40 hours/week between 8am-4pm
- Mandatory full staff meetings; travel may be required 1-2 times per year
- Mandatory travel to AFCPE Annual Symposium in November
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Rachael DeLeon: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is 04/10/2020.