COSI (Center of Science and Industry)
OBJECTIVE: Provide online delivery of COSI’s key messages designed to drive attendance and revenue to COSI’s facility and education programs, as well as communicate COSI’s mission and impact to generate involvement and support. Responsible for developing, editing, and managing COSI’s website; and for the integrity of all website content and photography for accuracy, timeliness, relevance, design standards, and adherence to policies and procedures. Directly maintain, edit, and approve content, design elements, and functionality of the COSI website and related online sites and accounts. Proactively monitor best web marketing methods and assure COSI’s site keeps pace with changing practices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
This position requires someone who:
- Is an assertive, proactive, self-starter
- Is nimble and able to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Understands brand and the importance of executing digital marketing against strategy to elevate COSI’s brand and generate revenue
- Is fluent in web-hosting platforms and best practices
- Is analytical, with the ability to build a data-driven strategy and track ROI
- Has understanding of web analytics, social media tools, and social’s relationship with other marketing and communications channels
- Is a risk-taker eager to drive change who enjoys experimenting with new strategies and tactics
- Is naturally collaborative
- Is open to different points of view and enjoys working with and leading cross-functional teams to achieve results
- Brings a creative, can-do approach and fresh ideas to the table
- Values and appreciates the mission, history and future potential of COSI and is excited to make a big impact on the organization
- Is consumer-centric and an advocate for the guest experience
- Can contribute high-level thinking in support of COSI’s overall strategy for the application of digital technology to increase institutional efficiency and the guest experience
-Ensure that the COSI web/digital presence is an effective part of COSI’s Marketing and Communications strategy, one that compliments other marketing strategies and tools to promote COSI’s initiatives and institutional priorities.
- Develop strategic web plan and vision, implement plan for all web initiatives, and supply analytic reports to help determine effectiveness of web-based initiatives
- Ensure the overall accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of COSI’s digital content delivered through cosi.org
- Design and develop new and existing site content to support key initiatives or work with outside vendors, as appropriate, for creation of these pages
-Assure conformity with approved design and layout requirements
-Maintain and update content on existing pages, oversee and approve updates made by other,
approved COSI content contributors
-Establish and maintain a standard of technical excellence; ensure adherence to current web
standards for maximum browser and platform compatibility, site performance, and accessibility;
and ensure proper organization of all files on COSI’s web server
-Work with COSI’s Marketing & Communications team to implement offline strategies to market COSI’s web site through best practices, managing online brand and style, and Search Engine Optimization.
- Support and integrate COSI’s social media tools on COSI’s website to help insure social sharing of COSI’s content
-Ensure that COSI is following best technical practices (tagging, metadata, URL shortening, etc.)
with social media content on various networks
- Provide regular analytic reports on the performance of the website overall as well as performance of key campaigns
-Administer COSI’s email marketing system to ensure email marketing system adheres to best practices related to responsive design, content and deliverability standards.
- Assure email list integrity and adherence to anti-spam policies
- Create, edit, and maintain HTML emails and templates that COSI’s internal groups can use to communicate with our list subscribers
- Help COSI’s internal teams build and maintain clean opt-in lists and follow deliverability best practices
- Maintain high reporting standards to help teams gauge the value and effectiveness of mailing lists and campaigns
-Support and promote COSI’s use of eCommerce initiatives.
- Continually work to improve the technical relationship between COSI’s ticketing and reservations platform and the cosi.org website
- Administer and integrate COSI’s online storefronts including online ticketing, retail merchandise, membership sales, and donations
- Maintain vendor and agency relationships related to outsourced project work
- Responsible for processing invoices, creating reports, maintaining a budget, and other administrative functions associated with the position
- Support general COSI operations through participation in meetings as appropriate.
- Serve as an example to other COSI Team Members and Volunteers in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance in a manner best serving COSI paid and Volunteer Team Members and Guests.
- In accordance with COSI's Guest Services Strategy, and as opportunities present themselves, provide excellence in Guest Services by assuring Guest safety, using courtesy to drive each Guest interaction, by delivering the COSI show, and by keeping operations efficient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply: Please select this link to apply for this position.