Director of Communications
Ohio Insurance Institute; Columbus, Ohio
Title: Director of Communication
Reports to: President
Job class: Exempt
The Ohio Insurance Institute (OII) is a member-run trade organization comprised of property and casualty insurance companies and related organizations throughout the state of Ohio.
Mission: To act as the Ohio property and casualty insurance industry’s voice on matters affecting or involving the industry.
Members: Include the leading domestic, regional and national P/C insurance companies, trade groups and related organizations.
Primary objective: To help Ohioans achieve a better understanding of insurance and related safety issues.
The ideal candidate is:
- Adept at external and internal team collaboration.
- Able to work independently without significant assistance or as a part of a team, with flexibility to work between these two styles seamlessly.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Open and eager to learn new things.
- A strong culture-driver with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities are to:
- Write and edit copy.
- Develop and execute marketing and communication plans.
- Manage all digital marketing platforms including websites, social media, and content management systems.
- Create and implement marketing and communications plan.
- Provide related support to legislative and regulatory team and education and workforce development team.
- Ensure website functionality, monitor and assess website performance, develop and update content.
- Oversee the creation and production of all print pieces.
- Conduct proactive market research and analysis to better understand the needs of OII membership.
- Manage all marketing specific vendor relationships to ensure the highest quality of product and services.
- Manage communications budget.
- Provide management, mentoring, and positive coaching to graphic designer and project specialist.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Advertising or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of social media channels including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other content sharing platforms.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled in professional communication with diverse audiences; excellent verbal and written communication.
The Ohio Insurance Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. The Ohio Insurance Institute embraces diversity in their workforce.
To apply: Please email a resume and cover letter to OII Director of Operations Kevin Curtis, at email@example.com .
Deadline for submissions is 10/23/2020.