Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator
Ohio Osteopathic Association | Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio Osteopathic Association is hiring a CME Coordinator in a part-time position.
- Serves as the administrator for the Ohio Osteopathic Association/Ohio Osteopathic Foundation (OOF)’s continuing medical education (CME) programs in coordination with the Ohio Osteopathic
- Oversees and coordinates all AOA Category 1-A CME programs jointly sponsored by the OOF
- Coordinates and maintains records for all aspects of CME programming for OOA/OOF, including but not limited to: scheduling, lecturers, needs assessment, speaker agreements, registrant attestation, post tests, evaluations
- Creates a monthly, high-quality educational program for OOF including varying topics, formats, location, lecturers, etc.
- Ensures all OOF-accredited continuing medical education (CME) is accurately reported to the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). This shall include programming independently or jointly sponsored by Ohio Osteopathic Foundation (OOF) or any Ohio Osteopathic Association (OOA) affiliate
- Coordinates all aspects of the OOF’s online CME programming and ensures speaker agreements conform with the current AOA requirements for online CME
- Coordinates Ohio Osteopathic Symposium educational programming with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Collects CME programming details of all AOA-accredited entities in Ohio
- Maintains and regularly updates OOA calendar for all OOF-accredited programs
- Develops educational partnerships that benefit the OOA and OOF; including but not limited to OU-HCOM, OU-HCOM Clinical Educational Network, and AOA-accredited hospitals among others
- Works with OOA Executive Director to secure program sponsors
- Recruits and maintains database of board-certified lecturers
- Create monthly educational modules for Osteopathically Recognized programs
- Prepares all necessary records for AOA CME audits
- Remains current on all aspects of CME policy as provided by the AOA
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience within the field of education, medical education or related field preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the principles of learning and instructional design, development of competency-based education, and learning assessment (skills, knowledge and attitudes).
- Experience with technology-based instruction and evaluation preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and like-minded organizational partners.
- Demonstrated evidence of a commitment to promoting a culture that respects and advances diversity and inclusion of all people.
- Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex tasks that require meeting critical deadlines.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Carol Tatman at firstname.lastname@example.org