Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers, Inc. | Oberlin, Ohio
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hrs/Week: 30-40 hours/week
The Education Director works collaboratively with ASCFG staff and members to design and implement ASCFG’s education programs, resources, and events. Using member feedback and data, the Education Director develops, implements, and evaluates a rich selection of education offerings, with the goal of supporting member desires for comprehensive education in growing, harvesting, and marketing cut flowers, as well as managing cut flower businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
This list is intended to represent job-related duties and should not be viewed as exhaustive.
- Develop a calendar of educational offerings including proposed content, speakers, and delivery methods.
- Create and update the educational content index in collaboration with ASCFG staff and the Education Committee.
- Coordinate and implement member education sessions both in-person and virtually, requiring occasional travel.
- Design and implement ASCFG’s annual conference in collaboration with other staff and the planning committee.
- Communicate regularly with ASCFG members to share upcoming educational offerings, respond to their questions, learn about needs, and obtain feedback.
- Manage all aspects of education offerings including registrations, technology, materials, logistics, and promotions.
- Collect and summarize member data throughout the year to guide planning and evaluate offerings.
- Work with the Education Committee regarding meeting planning, facilitation, promotions, and follow up tasks.
- Collaborate with ASCFG staff to support the organization’s goals, objectives, and activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate’s degree or higher in education, instructional design, business, horticulture, or an associate’s degree or higher in any field with equivalent work experience.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field.
- Project management skills with the ability to meet project quality and scheduled commitments.
- Ability to develop curriculum and design training.
- Independent and critical thinking skills.
- Strong technology skills, and experience using technology for teaching and learning; Kajabi and/or LearnDash preferred.
- Strong writing skills to effectively describe and brand educational content to members.
- Consistent and clear communication, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong event planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the farming and floral industries trends and best practices.
- Flexibility to work remotely or onsite as needed to complete the duties and expectations for the role.
- Ability to work on site (Oberlin, Ohio) at least periodically; working remotely will be considered.
Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
This position may require periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking, and listening during meetings and in-person events. Employees must be able to perform duties such as lifting and carrying boxes and working extended hours during conferences. This position may involve conditions that occasionally have the potential to be slightly dirty (in a greenhouse or farm field), and occasionally occur in inclement weather.
To apply: Apply at www.ascfg.org/education-positions
- To view a pdf version of the position description, please select this link .
- For a pdf version of the job posting, please select this link .
Deadline for submissions is 02/01/2022.