Membership Development Manager
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology | Bowling Green, OH
The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) is the premier professional association for the science and practice of I-O psychology. While an independent organization with its own governance, SIOP also represents Division 14 of the American Psychological Association and is an organizational affiliate of the Association for Psychological Science.
SIOP is seeking a Membership Development Manager to manage membership development activities, including recruitment, retention, recapture, new market exploration and data analysis and reporting of membership metrics and trends. This position will partner with volunteer leaders, staff and other stakeholders on projects and committee initiatives that further the Society’s strategic plan and membership value proposition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, execute, and report on the success metrics of an annual membership recruitment, retention, and recapture strategy, including maintaining awareness of member needs, identifying and resolving barriers to support increased member diversity and inclusion, delivering new or improved member benefits, etc.
- Develop communications for potential, current, and lapsed members, including emails, print materials, web content, social media, etc., collaborating with colleagues to ensure messaging aligns with the Society’s’ brand and overall communications strategy
- Manage and update member materials (new member onboarding outreaches, member handbook, etc.)
- Serve as primary liaison to the Membership Committee and provide support and guidance for their activities, surveys, policies, etc.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Career Services Committee and provide support and guidance for the development and delivery of career resources for members
- Partner with volunteer leaders and staff to research, develop, plan, launch, and report on myriad ad-hoc and ongoing programs and projects that further the Society’s strategic plan and/or enhance member value
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in an association or nonprofit membership management role, or similar
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with an association management system (AMS)
- Strong time management, project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent professional communication skills and ability to engage with key stakeholders, including exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Some travel required (2-3 times/year)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The deadline to apply is June 10, 2022.