Attorney Services Coordinator
Columbus Bar Association | Columbus, Ohio
The Columbus Bar Association (CBA) is a voluntary membership organization offering a variety benefits and services to central Ohio lawyers, judges, law students, and paralegals. Among the many services we provide are opportunities for our members to enhance their professional reputation, develop strong professional networks, and build a client base. Some of the ways we help make lawyers more successful is through our phone-based Lawyer Referral Service connecting attorneys with those in need of legal services; a web-based referral service and by offering our legal community access to certified court interpreters for various stages of legal proceedings.
The Attorney Services Coordinator works with CBA leadership, staff, and members to ensure coordinated access to these services. The Coordinator plays an important role in the organization as a key contact for a large percentage of members. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing, be customer-focused, and have familiarity with the legal community.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Lawyer Referral Service: The Columbus Bar Lawyer Referral Service has been helping people find a lawyer for over 70 years. Experienced phone operators help more than 400 individuals per week find a central Ohio lawyer to meet their specific legal needs.
- Manage day-to-day operations of phone-based referral services, including supervising call operations; recruiting attorneys to participate in the service; following up on referrals to ensure client satisfaction; complying with Supreme Court Rules; and billing/invoicing for services.
- Develop marketing strategies that increase both public and member utilization of our services, which may include brand awareness and educational outreach.
- Manage a budget that includes growing revenue, managing expenses, and ensuring successful ongoing development
- Work with Membership Director and Executive Director to identify growth opportunities
- Create statistical reports and conduct data analysis to ensure ongoing success of the program
Columbus Bar Online Directory: The Columbus Bar Directory is central Ohio's premier resource for navigating the local legal community. The online edition of the Directory is searchable by over 200 categories, including attorney fields of practice, foreign language skills, and admission to practice in a variety of states and courts.
- Develop marketing strategies to promote the site to attorneys, businesses, and the public.
- Timely and accurately update member profiles and site content.
- Generate periodic reports and conduct data analysis to ensure the site remains relevant to users. Court Interpreter Services Columbus Bar Interpreting Services (CBIS) is a resource for area courts, attorneys, and other law-related agencies in need of Certified and Provisionally Qualified Court Interpreters.
- Scheduling: respond to requests from Courts and individual attorneys needing interpreting or translation services; contact appropriate interpreters regarding availability for the assignments; confirm assignments to the requesting Court/attorney and interpreter.
- Billing: process and approve interpreter timesheets; generate invoice requests for Courts/attorneys; maintain accurate record-keeping and communication for Courts/Attorneys per each entity’s requirements.
- Marketing: market interpreter services to the legal community.
- Recruit Certified Court Interpreters
- Periodically produce statistical reports regarding utilization
- The ideal candidate should be organized, outgoing, and customer-focused with the ability to manage simultaneous projects/events in a busy environment.
- Experience with marketing & promotion.
- Must be committed to outstanding customer service and work well with volunteers.
- Must be able to multi-task, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are critical.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position, with occasional work expected outside of traditional business hours. Salary: Commensurate with Experience Benefits: The CBA offers a full benefits package, which includes health & retirement benefits; paid holiday and leave time; and remote work capabilities.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume, along with three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.