Check Your Leadership if Employees Keep Making Errors
Don't blame your employee for situations you tolerate
Sometimes we cause our own frustrations.
Don’t blame your employee for a situation you’ve been tolerating. We cause our own frustration when we:
- Respond the same way to repeated mistakes.
- Hope patience will resolve issues without intervention.
- Delegate tasks to people who consistently drop the ball.
An employee’s repeated mistakes reflect on the person who manages them.
What if it’s boredom? If she’s done things correctly for years, maybe she needs new responsibilities.
- How might you redesign her job?
- Who might be able to assume some of her current responsibilities so she can focus on something new?
- How satisfied is she with her current job on a scale of 1:10? If she is dissatisfied, but is reluctant to speak up, how might you begin crafting a new future for/with her?
Please select this link to read the complete blog post from Leadership Freak.