ASAE Announces More CAE Renewal, Testing Changes
This impacts anyone sitting for the Spring exam or renewing their 2020 certification
Recently, the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) released an update on some temporary changes to their programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety and well-being of their testing candidates and certificants is paramount, and the CAE Program has made some temporary changes to renewal and the exam administration to assist at this time.
For certificants due to renew their CAE in 2020:
- The renewal deadline has been extended from Dec. 31, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
- The cap on self-study has been lifted. All 40 credits needed for renewal may be taken through any amount of live and/or approved self-study courses.
- The early renewal discount will be extended to completed renewals submitted through March 31, 2021. The discounted renewal fee is $275 for ASAE members and $425 for nonmembers.
These additional options apply only for this renewal cycle for those originally due to renew by December 2020.
Forty (40) credits will be required for renewal including one credit of ethics-focused education. Up to 10 credits from association management leadership, instruction or writing activities may still be applied to the application.
For candidates eligible to sit for the Spring 2020 exam, the window for this exam has been extended to four weeks and will be held June 8-July 6, 2020. Candidates have the option of:
- Testing at a Scantron center. Extra precautions are being taken in accordance with CDC guidelines to maintain a clean and safe environment for testing.
- Testing from home with live online proctoring (LOP), a first-time option for the CAE exam due to the difficult situation with COVID-19.
- Moving their application to the December 2020 exam.
The extended exam window and the live online proctoring (LOP) option have been approved for the Spring 2020 exam only.