Ohio BWC Announces Straight Through Processing is Now Functional
The program went live this week
As you may know, the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) created a team that has been working on a process to improve its new application process for customers. The new process utilizes technology to allow certain customers to go from application entry to policy issuance in one session.
With this update, BWC customers will experience:
- A redesigned, user-friendly online application responsive to mobile devices.
- Step-by-step navigation informing customers of where they are in the process and what to expect.
- A responsive, guided application experience based on business type.
- Real-time application processing with immediately available policy number.
- An option to save an application for up to 15 days.
- The ability to chat with knowledgeable staff.
- Emailed certificates of coverage and an option to immediately print.
- A redesigned U-3 application form for workers’ compensation coverage.
For customers where a policy in not immediately issued, a quote will be created and automatically sent to BWC staff for review. Please select this link for a more detailed fact sheet.
Be sure to update any links to BWC new coverage application to: bwc.ohio.gov/employercoverage
The Ohio BWC is proud of the new process and hope its customers find the changes positive.
Please contact Kendra.email@example.com with questions or concerns you may have.