Complete Story


Leadership Pro Tip: Make Empathy Your Great Resignation Firewall

It just may inspire employees to stick around

If your association is getting a little nervous about the effects of the Great Resignation, you might be looking for tactical ways to keep your team happy. That was the topic of our recent interview with HR expert Mary Ellen Brennan.

But fighting the leadership void caused by mass resignations also comes down to how the people at the top handle their roles as leaders. And in that arena, empathy is everything.

What’s the Strategy?

A new study from the consulting firm Ernst & Young (EY) finds that a lack of empathy from leadership is driving employees to leave their jobs. A lack of empathy around work issues was cited by 54 percent of respondents as a reason for leaving an employer, with 46 percent citing a lack of empathy around personal lives.

Please select this link to read the complete article from Associations Now.

Printer-Friendly Version