Mid-Ohio Food Collective to Livestream White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health
Attend a special event on ending food hunger on Sept. 28, 2022
The White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health is livestreaming events from their homepage for this one-of-a-kind event to reshape hunger relief programs with a goal to end hunger and increase healthy eating and physical activity by 2030, so that fewer Americans experience diet-related diseases like diabetes, obesity and hypertension.
The Mid-Ohio Food Collective will be livestreaming the conference from our facility at 3960 Brookham Drive, Grove City, Ohio, 43123 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. staff, partner organizations, supporters and others are invited to join us for any portion of the day to sit in on this conference from a local perspective.
The collective is highlighting the opening plenary and pillar panel sessions as being of most interest and encourage attendees to join the group for the morning sessions. There is a lengthy lunch break starting at 12 p.m. before the afternoon sessions; while the collective will have light refreshments, attendees are responsible for their own lunches. The collective will also have tours and updates on its assets and the services available for attendees.
THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS:
- 9-10 a.m. for the Opening Plenary, which is expected to begin the roll out of new policy recommendations aimed at ending hunger by 20230.
- 10:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. for National Strategy Pillar Panel Sessions; while there are five pillars of the conference (please see website for all five), the collective is focusing the first two pillars: Improve Food Access and Affordability and Integrate Nutrition and Health.
- 12:00-1:30 p.m., the conference breaks from 12-1:30 p.m. during which there will be availability for tours and conversations with team members from the collective's Food is Health, Farm and Outreach teams. Tours will also be available throughout the day upon request.
- 1:30 – 3 p.m. is the Afternoon Plenary with federal officials presenting solutions garnered through work leading up to the conference.
- 3:15-4:30 p.m. features Conference Working Sessions, and the collective will be holding open discussion onsite during this period to discuss what its staff has heard so far and how it will impact their work.
- 4:45 – 5:55 p.m. is the Closing Plenary and Call to Action from what is unveiled during the conference; this will be the last of our livestreaming.
No RSVP is needed; the Mid-Ohio Food Collective expects the morning sessions to feature key policy recommendations, so we encourage attendance at that time. All are welcome as schedules permit through the day. Feel free to bring your laptop to catch up on email and other work during the event – the collective's employees understand realities of today’s world and will not be offended.