Coordinator of Events and Foundation Programs
Ohio Academy of Family Physicians
The Ohio Academy of Family Physicians (OAFP) is a statewide professional association of more than 5,200 members, including practicing family physicians, family medicine residents, and medical students. Since 1948, the OAFP has represented the professional interests of Ohio family physicians, provided postgraduate medical education, and encouraged medical students to enter this field and to advance the patient-physician relationship.
OAFP is hiring a full-time events and foundation program coordinator with strong event planning skills, dedication to quality and extreme attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and multi-task in order to accomplish identified goals and deadlines as part of a small team.
The position of the Coordinator of Events and Foundation Programs will work with both the Director of Education and the Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs and will include the following:
OAFP Responsibilities (70% of time)
Reports to: Director of Education
Shares responsibility for onsite staffing of OAFP events and CME programs – events and programs to include Family Medicine Workshop; Family Medicine Celebration; Chief Resident Workshop; CRC Team Training Day; Regional CME Programs; Regional Ten State Conference (in years when Ohio serves as host); and Strategic Planning events; responsibilities include:
- Managing hotel/meeting facility logistics
- Creating meeting promotional copy for weekly e-newsletter and web site
- Managing pre-event registration, registration confirmation, and any subsequent mailings to registrants
- Handling duplication of meeting materials and packet preparation
- Preparing name badges
- Managing onsite meeting registration
- Packing, unloading and setting up meeting supplies and equipment for events
- Assisting with setting up and operating onsite A/V
- Tabulating post event evaluation results
- Works with the Director of Membership to keep meeting information on the web site current
Plans and executes an annual Chief Resident Workshop for family medicine residency programs. Contracts speakers, handles registration, creates promotional materials, coordinates meeting materials and handles all facility arrangements relative to the production of the Chief Resident Workshop.
Assists with staffing CME Planning Committee and other CME subgroups to implement their directives and provide assistance as needed.
OAFP Foundation Responsibilities (30% of time)
Reports to: Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs
Shares responsibility with the Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs in advancing the mission of the Foundation through implementation of various programs and activities focused on student choice of family medicine as career specialty. Programs include:
- Leroy A. Rodgers, MD Preceptorship Program
- AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Students Student Scholarships
- AAFP National Congresses of Family Medicine Residents and Student Members Delegate and Alternate Delegate Scholarships
- Hosts reception at National Conference in Kansas City, MO in July/August
- Connector between Ohio’s seven medical school Family Medicine Interest Groups and the Foundation.
Assists with Foundation program management, recognition awards, and fundraising activities as directed by the Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs; assignments might include:
- Developing and distributing materials appropriate for promoting Foundation programs to the targeted beneficiaries
- Preparing program promotions/announcements for Foundation communication vehicles which include web site, WFMU, The Ohio Family Physician magazine, blast email system and social media
- Preparing program announcements and materials for dissemination to Family Medicine Department Chairs, Pre-doctoral Directors and appropriate Department of Family Medicine staff
- Preparing and distributing direct appeals to membership, individual donors and corporate membership
- Developing and distributing materials appropriate for promoting OAFP/F programs to beneficiaries and sponsors
Works with the Director of Foundation & Strategic Programs to manage all aspects of the Foundation’s social media/networking vehicles.
Serves as staff liaison to the Foundation’s Outreach Team sending electronic meeting notices, taking notes, writing minutes, ensuring that minutes are distributed electronically, interacting with team chair and team members to implement their directives and provide assistance as needed.
General Office Responsibilities:
- Purchases necessary groceries and orders appropriate catering services for office meetings and quarterly committee meetings
- Assists with various office duties such as running errands to supplier locations and ordering materials needed for meetings and programs
- Orders office supplies
Miscellaneous requirements (for OAFP and OAFP/F):
- Is proficient in managing Cvent meeting planning software and running reports
- Assists with staffing events, meetings, and programs as assigned (most are held on weekends, evenings)
- Prioritizes work to complete all responsibilities efficiently and on time
- Maintains a cooperative attitude, remains flexible to changes in priority, and strives to maintain harmonious relationships with OAFP staff, members, and all others who come into contact with the OAFP
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends or evenings as needed
- Performs all other duties as required
- Participates in training/continuing education as requested
Preferred Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant work experience or commensurate work experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Windows software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, QuickBooks, Cvent software and social media is desired
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Professional demeanor; displays confidence in building relationships; is a connector
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Dependable, punctual, and a team player
To apply, send a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Erin Jech, Director of Education, at email@example.com .
Deadline for submissions is 12/20/2019.