November 6, 2020
OSAE Q4: Navigating Events During COVID-19
Safely hosting in-person meetings
Per the OSAE Board's decision to hold all of OSAE's meetings virtually this year, we are bringing you our Q4 educational luncheon meeting as a "Lunch & Learn."
Join us on November 6 at 12:00 p.m. via Zoom, and hear from our presenter, Wendy Kavanagh, CAE, as she discusses how to safely return to hosting in-person meetings, and navigating through that process. Kavanaugh and her staff held the only in-person society of association executives annual conference this year in Savannah, Georgia. Working closely with her contacts at the Hyatt Regency Savannah, Kavanaugh orchestrated an annual conference for more than 100 participants.
She will share with OSAE quarterly meeting participants how they:
- Utilized social distancing to best ensure the health and safety of her meeting's participants within the host facility;
- Communicated smart, targeted messaging to those who attended, presented and networked at the event;
- Analyzed up-to-the-minute data to decide whether or not to safely proceed with the event;
- Worked with the property and host CVB to minimize the risks of meeting in-person, and more.
Kavanagh is the president of the Georgia Society of Association Executives (GSAE), a position she has held since 2005. Kavanagh reports to the board of directors and is responsible for the organization's overall operation. As president, she serves the membership and community by furthering the mission of the organization to advance the profession of association management and to enhance the professionalism of association executives. During her tenure, GSAE launched the highly-regarded Leadership Academy, celebrated its 90th and 100th anniversaries, implemented a significant branding and membership marketing campaign and created a Supplier Council for the corporate member constituency. In 2002, Kavanaugh earned the Certified Association Executive (CAE) designation. To learn more about our presenter, please select this link.
- Members: $39*
- Non-Members: $75
*Season Pass holders, please use your comp code. Please email email@example.com with questions on your account.
NOTE: We are pressing the 'pause' button on the Shane Yates Association Leadership Forum for 2020. It is typically a part of this meeting, but due to the challenges in this time of COVID-19, we thought it best to hold off. We expect to resume hosting the SYALF next year.
- As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 1.5 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.