Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
The Ohio Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (Ohio AAP) has a Full-Time Communications Strategist Position.
About the Ohio AAP
Beyond merely a membership organization, the Ohio AAP has been a leader in programming, advocacy, and child health for over 30 years. The Ohio AAP accomplishes their mission by addressing the needs of children, their families, and their communities, and by supporting Chapter members through advocacy, education, research, service, and improving the systems through which they deliver pediatric care.
About the Team
We are a close-knit staff who are all passionate about child health and supporting pediatricians who serve Ohio’s children and families. We are self-starters who are accountable for our own outcomes. We are problem solvers who keep the needs of our members and Ohio’s children on the forefront of our minds.
Here is Why We Want You on Our Team
- You are an accomplished storyteller, able to broadly disseminate an organization’s goals, accomplishments and messaging.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You are both a leader and a strong team player.
- You strive to stand in the shoes of those without a voice.
- You have a proven track record of fast, accurate social media and electronic communications.
- You possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills, and ability to demonstrate good newswriting and editing skills.
- You have experience in video production and design
- You have a keen ability to manage multiple priorities, handle pressure and meet deadlines.
About the Position
Responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies to support advocacy efforts and programs under the vision of the CEO. Establishes standards and provides oversight of editorial content for social media, websites, publications and other internal and external communication channels.
- Under the direction of the CEO and in cooperation with strategic communication consultant, develop communication plans to identify objectives, strategies, target audiences, tactics and key messages for advocacy efforts and programs.
- Active partnership and coalition building to advance the mission of the Ohio AAP.
- Layout and design pieces for a variety of audiences (with support from an outside graphic designer when needed), including: pediatric providers, parents, adolescents, community members, corporate partners and legislators.
- Draft legislative testimony and key talking points on a variety of child health initiatives in cooperation with CEO, outside lobbyist and strategic communication consultant.
- Translate data points and program results into succinct marketing messages for multiple audiences.
- Solicit print and digital advertisements for all publications.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with partners related to content for websites, social media, publications and other communication channels to ensure consistency of style, and usability of content in support of strategic and operational goals. This guidance, includes consultation, editing, writing and oversight of development of multimedia content, website, etc.
- Facilitate cross-organization communication between various partners and stakeholders.
- Oversight of social media calendar, all social content scheduling, publishing, moderation and ongoing engagement. Co-leads strategy, planning, execution with the CEO.
- Collaborates with the Ohio AAP team to generate website content ideas that align with Chapter goals and marketing campaigns that grow audience and engagement.
- Analyzes and generate reports on social media performance, outreach, web engagement and other communications measures as needed.
- Assure Ohio AAP brand, identity and voice are championed via digital communications.
- Design content that is structured and optimized for effective search, publication, distribution and engagement.
- Analyze and generate reports as needed on e-communications and mobile application performance and analytics.
- Edit and produce the quarterly news magazine, Ohio Pediatrics with the collaboration of the Editorial Board and CEO, with support as needed from outside designer.
- Management of membership recruitment and retention efforts for the Ohio AAP. Draft and update the monthly membership mailing letter and marketing pieces.
- Report membership analytics to CEO as needed.
- Champion of communications calendar. Create content strategies to outline publishing efforts for digital content.
- Work with strategic communications consultant to arrange media interviews, assist in project management, prepare media representatives with Ohio AAP branded and professional talking points.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Graphic Design
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Editing skills
- Creative thought leader
- Effective in team atmosphere
This is a full-time salaried position, PTO, retirement saving account, health, vision and dental insurance. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Send salary preference in a cover letter, resume, and portfolio and 2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ohio AAP c/o Elizabeth Dawson 94-A Northwoods Blvd., Columbus, OH 43235.