Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society
Search is underway for an Executive Director. The role's responsibilities include:
- Providing overall leadership in the daily operations of the association;
- Guiding and implementing strategic direction;
- Directing policies and procedures established by the steering and executive committees;
- Managing general elections for officers, directors and counselors;
- Maintaining fiscal responsibility and directing the annual budget;
- Ensuring all funds, physical assets and other property of the association are safeguarded;
- Developing and managing operational contracts;
- Managing overall HR activities to include the employee handbook and serving as Trustee for employee benefits and policies;
- Hiring and managing employees in fulfilling operational requirements, association events, programs, services and committee objectives;
- Providing guidance in establishing and maintaining association bylaws; ensuring legal requirements are met for all activities, non-profit and HR functions; maintaining and directing membership programs and database systems;
- Providing innovative and visionary ideas for evolution of the association, programs and member services.
The position also serves as spokesperson to the membership, media and public as well as maintaining effective partnerships with the American Chemical Society and other similar associations. The role also provides guidance and maintains effective communications to ensure overall health of the association and keep the Rubber Division Chair, Steering and Executive Committee apprised of association activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, finance or related degree;
- Experience preferred in managing non-profit activities and employees;
- Understanding of financial procedures;
- Working with volunteers and association boards;
- Practicing excellent communication and people skills.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail to:
P.O. Box 4192
East Lansing, Michigan, 48826