Accounting Operations Clerk
The American Ceramic Society
The American Ceramic Society is hiring a part-time clerk responsible for accounts payable, mail operations, office supplies, accounts receivable (back-up), among other tasks. The ideal candidate will be a team player with an exceptional work ethic, maintains positive, efficient, and productive relationships with Society staff, third-party service providers, members, and vendors by following established processes, producing complete and accurate work, and adhere to deadlines. This position offers a flexible work schedule of 20 – 30 hours per week.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinates processing of all purchase orders, check requests and invoices, ensuring appropriate approvals, ensures that proper accounts are charged
- weekly check runs, wires/ACH and other methods of payment
- manage state sales tax exemption file and maintains complete and accurate vendor and payable files
- identifies pre-paid and deferred expenses/assets and ensure properly recorded
- manage 1099 reporting and unclaimed checks process
- post and process journal entries
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail using mail metering, Neopost, USPS and UPS, etc.
- keeps common areas (mailroom, breakroom, conference rooms, lobby) neat, organized, and well stocked
- order supplies
- manage offsite storage according to retention policy
- maintains up-to-date physical and electronic contract files
Accounts Receivable (Back-up):
- Process incoming revenue, including but not limited to lockbox items, wire and ACH receipts, credit card payments, electronic commerce sales and other payment solutions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Position requires high integrity, positive and professional attitude.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience and expertise (bachelor’s degree in accounting, or some accounting courses preferred), including accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and integrated systems a strong PLUS.
- Requires proven problem-solving skills, detailed-oriented and able to process payments via check, ACH, wire, PayPal, and other electronic payment methods.
- Position requires flexibility, teamwork, ability to juggle multiple priorities, and attention to detail with accuracy under time constraints.
- Must be a quick learner, highly organized and possess outstanding time management skills.
- Position hours are flexible, with a minimum of 20 hours weekly not to exceed average of 30 hours.
ABOUT THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY
The American Ceramic Society is a non-profit professional organization located in Westerville, Ohio. ACerS serves the informational, educational, and professional needs of the international ceramics community with membership, magazines, journals, books, videos, conferences, short courses, and workshops.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org