Member Services Representative
The American Ceramic Society
ABOUT THE POSITION
The American Ceramic Society has a full-time position available for a Member Services Representative in their Westerville, Ohio office that offers a great opportunity to gain experience in association management. If you like interacting with people from around the globe, this may be the position for you.
As a primary point of contact for members/customers, responsibilities include:
- Provide support and guidance to existing Society U.S. Sections and International Chapters; increase membership and effectiveness of U.S. Sections and International Chapters;
- Work with members to establish new U.S. Sections and International Chapters;
- Provide Customer Service support by handling/responding to incoming phone calls and emails; processing orders and payments for memberships, meeting registrations, products and subscriptions; managing and entering data;
- Coordinate member renewal campaigns;
- Conduct courtesy phone calls to welcome new members;
- Provide administrative support to the Membership Director.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will possess an outstanding customer service orientation, must be pleasant and member focused, a team player with exceptional work ethic, have prior experience working in a membership organization/working with members; and using an association management system.
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years relevant experience, preferably in association management, member services, and/or volunteer recruitment and management
- Membership marketing experience preferred
- Experience using an association management system
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong computer/MS Office skills, experience with data entry/retrieval
- Proven organization and time management skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and accuracy
- Some travel required
ABOUT THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) is the leading international professional membership organization for ceramic, glass, and materials scientists, engineers, researchers, manufacturers, sales professionals, educators, and students. ACerS publishes journals, periodicals, and books; organizes meetings and expositions; and offers technical information through web and print outlets. ACerS’s extensive website (ceramics.org) provides online access to its journals, Ceramic Tech Today newsblog, ACerS Bulletin membership magazine, videos, student and young professional career resources, and specialized technical knowledge. The Society serves over 11,000 members from more than 70 countries.
ACerS offers a complete benefit package including medical and dental insurance, life and accident insurance, short/long term disability, paid time-off, and a deferred savings plan.
The American Ceramic Society (ACerS) values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation within the field of ceramic science and engineering. ACerS strives to promote involvement and access to leadership opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, career path or academic level.
TO APPLY: SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENT TO: JOBS@CERAMICS.ORG