Glass Manufacturing Industry Council | Partially Remote, Westerville, OH
[This is a remote or hybrid opportunity] The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council (GMIC) is seeking a fulltime Executive Director to replace the retiring incumbent, with a starting date in the Fall of 2022. GMIC is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade association representing the interests of the glass manufacturing industry. GMIC bridges all segments of glass manufacturing, including float glass, container, fiber, and specialty glass. GMIC provides technical education, coordinates technical initiatives, provides industry intelligence, develops workforce, advocates with lawmakers, promotes the usage and image of glass products and provides opportunities to meet and exchange ideas. Incorporated in 1998, the council is governed by a board of trustees with offices in Westerville Ohio [this is a remote or hybrid opportunity].
In addition to strong business and financial management skills, key roles include:
• Identifying and negotiating new business opportunities and collaborative arrangements;
• Developing membership;
• Coordinating technical development, education, and funding.
The ideal candidate will be of high integrity with advanced social skills and is a recognized leader in their current position.
• Bachelors degree and 10+ years senior leadership experience is required, and a Masters (or Ph.D.) is preferred.
• Demonstrated metrics of success in managing an association are required.
• Must have experience and high level skills organizing education events and conferences.
• Experience creating new lines of service required.
• Experience recruiting and managing volunteers essential, including experience creating agendas and running board and committee meetings.
• Experience with certification or accreditation desired.
• Experience creating technical training and education desired.
• Must be able to travel, including international and overnight stays, to industry conferences, GMIC meetings, and periodic visits to the home office.
The estimated salary range for this position is $150,000 to $170,000, commensurate with experience, with up to 10% bonus eligible.
Apply via e-mail to ExecutiveDirectorSearch@ceramics.org.
Applications will close on June 10, 2022.
All applicants will be acknowledged upon receipt. Selected applicants will be contacted by early-July, regarding further steps in the selection process. The current Executive Director, Officers and Staff will neither accept nor respond to direct inquiries about the search.
The Glass Manufacturing Industry Council values and seeks diverse and inclusive participation; all candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender/gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, and all barriers.